I am amazed at how I can feel frustrated, tired, and incredibly lucky all at the same time. Every time I see her cuddled up, my heart melts.
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Mom finally chiming in
I know I have been saying this for a month now but, being a Mom is a lot harder than I expected. I realized that I had finally joined the ranks of mothers this morning when Annika spit up down my shirt, in my bra, and in my hair, and I didn't feel the need to immediately shower. I just kept trying to rock her to sleep.

I am amazed at how I can feel frustrated, tired, and incredibly lucky all at the same time. Every time I see her cuddled up, my heart melts.
I am amazed at how I can feel frustrated, tired, and incredibly lucky all at the same time. Every time I see her cuddled up, my heart melts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Toughest job you've ever had, and the most important. You do the best at it that you can and will often feel like a failure because you weren't perfect. Those of us reading this blog, though, know that Annika's a lucky girl.
ReplyDeleteDon't fool yourself, you're doing a great job! Remember, babies cry. When Annika cries, its not an indictment of your parenting!
ReplyDelete