Annika has been to various beaches on the bay a number of times, but this week was her first visit to a proper ocean beach. We met some very old friends for dinner at a nearby restaurant, but were able to spend an hour or so at the beach beforehand for the kids to meet each other and to kick off the "catching up". I'm glad we made the time.
We played all the important beach games such as "run away from the incoming wave" and "see how much wet sand I can ball up and throw in the air". I think it's safe to say she had a good time!
Seaweed was a new oddity, and the post-beach shower for her feet was a bit traumatic, but otherwise she had a great time and was upset when it was time to hike back to the car to get cleaned up for dinner. Fortunately, there was a four-year-old in the dinner party who spent most of the evening keeping Annika giggling!

No comments:
Post a Comment