Somewhere along the line, thinking that either she wouldn't like it or couldn't manage the massive straw, I let Annika take a pull on my "50/50 Orange Cream" (think of a blended version of the old Good Humor 50-50 bar). Whoops. She loves it. Once she spots the Bobalicious store front or one of the plastic-covered cups, she starts in with the chant: "Boba! Boba! Boba! Boba!". The only way to stop the run is to jam the straw in her mouth. She will pull as much slush as you let her (she is apparently immune to Brain Freezes), then take only a second or two to swallow after you claw back the straw before she starts back up with "Boba! Boba! Boba!" again. Boba-savvy parents rest-easy, I get mine without the Tapioca balls, no choking hazard here.
For today's diaper run, she and I split a sandwich while we waited for Mom. Eventually, she wanted a seat of her own and full control over the cup (I usually hold it so I can meter her intake). It won't be long before we have to buy a third drink just for her... at least then she won't chew my straw.

LOL - she's a natural!
ReplyDelete